The Atomic Learning self-assessment revealed how much I have to learn. I have never been technologically savvy, and I often rely on the help of friends to complete simple tasks. Outside of the skills needed to use Microsoft Windows, Shutterfly, and iTunes, there are many skills that I need to develop. For instance, the assessment showed me that I do not have much knowledge regarding the use and manipulation of video and sound. Another area of weakness revolves around presenting numeric information in an organized way. I found this self-assessment to be eye-opening and informative.
Based on the results of the self-assessment, I created five technology goals for myself during this class:
1. Learn how to use spreadsheets and databases
2. Learn ways to use PowerPoint more effectively in the elementary classroom
3. Learn more about video streaming
4. Learn about software and hardware that I would like to use in my own classroom
5. Develop a plan to integrate technology into my classroom in a more productive way
In order to accomplish these goals, I intend to participate fully in this class. I hope to learn not only the material assigned, but also draw from the experiences of my classmates and teacher. During class meetings, online assignments, and discussions, I also plan to ask myself, "How can I use this with my students?". By questioning and re-evaluating, I aim to improve myself as a teacher so that I may enhance the education of my students.
No comments:
Post a Comment