Monday, March 1, 2010

Teacher Tube

Three Laws of Motion

This video from Teacher Tube discusses Newton's Three Laws of Motion. Important key words are used and explained, and animation demonstrates what all the science jargon means. I liked how it was a discussion between an adult and a child. This mimics a conversation a student might have with his/her students. I would not use this particular video with young students, but save it for middle school students learning about physics. Used either at the beginning of lesson as an overview or after vocabulary words are introduced in a unit, this video would be ideal.

I think this website is a great resource for teachers looking to incorporate short videos into their lessons. Already designed for classrooms, this website is more teacher friendly than sites like YouTube. It is still imperative for teachers to preview and evaluate all videos before showing them to their classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment