Monday, February 1, 2010

Gaining Confidence

Frankly, I'm a bit frightened by the expectations of this class. I've always relied on my husband to take of anything technology-related from putting together albums to researching and purchasing cameras, phones, computers, etc. The idea of playing around with technology intimidates me because I always think I'll "mess up" whatever I'm trying to do.

However, my son is a large motivating factor for me. Documenting his life through pictures and movies is important to me. Since my husband spends so much time at work, it's up to me to capture these moments to share not only with my son when he's older, but also with all of our family members who live so far away. Another way my son motivates me with technology is that he's already showing an interest in technology. He easily manipulates and uses my iPhone on a regular basis, he somehow managed to change the language setting on my home phone (haven't figured how to fix that one yet), and he enjoys playing with my mouse upstairs. I believe a large part of his "success" with technology stems from his lack of fear. He's not worried he's going to destroy or "mess up" the phone, computer, tv, etc.

I believe this class will give me the tools I need to have enough confidence to use technology both in my classroom and in my personal life. Rather than relying on others, I'll be able to trust in myself enough to use these various programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment